Troubled Anatomies

 

I used pen, coloured pencils and watercolour on printed collage photocopy, which I then glued on a cardboard surface. 

The technique I used for the drawings was inspired by artist Özlem Altın's process. In preparation of her work she initially modifies found images on Photoshop, which she then prints out to paint directly onto them and create abstract and fluid shapes which reveal fragments of the underlying photocopy. 


Ozlem Altin,"The Lovers (Intuition)", 2017. Pigmented inkjet print with ink, lacquer, and oil paint


Özlem Altın. “Wheel of Union”, 2017. Paint on printed photocopy

This technique inspired me to experiment with painting and drawing directly onto photocopies of my organ collages, which was useful because it allowed me to experiment with various detailed images without having to re-draw them. 

 

I also tried projecting one of the collages onto a large sheet of paper and I am in the process of finishing this with pen.

The series Troubled Anatomies was displayed in the exhibition "Transient" (through Up North Arts) alongside other work by talented artists practicing in Lancaster University. 
Check it out on the website: https://upnortharts.weebly.com/, and on the virtual gallery

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Internal Exposure

Three-dimensional abstract painting

Expanded Painting: Seriality