Cyanotype workshop


 

Workshop on Making Cyanotypes with the artist Emma Stibbon

The workshop and the technique of 'drawing with light' really appealed to me, and I found it fitting with my current experiments and interests in light and shadows.
The technique enables to create interesting images in a very easy and cheap way, and lies between drawing- involving the invention of new compositions- and photography- the result is the exact imprint of the objects placed on the paper. 
This concept also made me think about absence and presence, expressed by the trace left by something which has touched the paper but is not there anymore.
The above images are the outcomes of the workshop- I particularly like how the glove turned out- the details of the folds and its sense of transparency

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Internal Exposure

Three-dimensional abstract painting

Expanded Painting: Seriality